This will be on ongoing post.
Need a Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License.
You need to pass a Medical Exam.
Class A highly recommended.
Some roll off trucks are automatic, some roll off trucks are manual.
It is better to know both.
How to operate and drive a roll off truck.
How to pick up a dumpster.
How to dump a dumpster.
How to deliver a dumpster.
Sometimes you’ll need people to move their cars, equipment, and themselves.
Sometimes you have to back in to service a dumpster.
In Roll Off driving there is a phrase that describes your necessary driving maneuvers. ” S ” Turn. Forwards & Backwards.
Aim high in steering. ( look ahead for hazards, dangers, drama, emergencies, etc )
Get the big picture. ( Don’t get surprised by a situation )
Keep your eyes moving. ( focus, don’t reminisce or daydream )
Leave yourself an out ( Keep a space around the vehicle your driving in case of an emergency )
Make sure they see you.
Also known as the Smith System Of Safe Driving.
Phrase that helps you remember this.
” All Good Kids Like Milk “
Your experience driving, operating, riding, cars, pick up trucks, bicycles, motorcycles, skateboards, shotgun in the passenger car with a good driver will help you.
Open driver’s door.
Throw your gear in.
Start by turning on hazard & headlamp lights.
If no power, look for a battery kill switch, some trucks have them.
Loosen the hood straps and tilt the hood if conventional.
Walk to the engine oil dipstick if a cab-over.
Check engine oil.
Turn on the truck if everything is okay?
check belts, belt tensioner, pulleys
While air builds up in air tanks for brake system, check tire air pressures in all tires, you’re employer will inform you of the necessary air pressure levels or maybe you have already learned what tire sizes need. As you walk around truck, inspect everything’s condition you can see. Belts, bolts, nuts, no cracks, no loose wires, no broken mirrors, d.o.t. tape in place, no fluid leaks, no non working lights,
check air pressure, lug nuts, hub cap, wheel, rim, wheel studs, tire tread
check tire for cracks, air leaks, check for wear & tear
3rd axle, right side tire was flat. Putting a block of wood at end of hoist,and raising hoist, will raise flat tire in the air.
a shovel. a long reach metal pole
missing a broom.
Some equipment necessary to use once in a while.
Stored behind cab in welded on holders to the auto-tarper’s two towers.
Best case scenario to pick up or drop off a roll off box is straight truck backed up to roll off box straight.
Fortunately, you will get this more, but every once in a while you will have to back up to a roll off box crooked or deliver a box straight but the truck will be forced to pull out crooked.
With day to day tasks you will reach this talent.
Sometimes we have to deliver a roll off box and set the wheels on wood.
Check for no air or hydraulic oil leaks.
fuel cap on? fuel cap not missing? truck fueled?
expensive ticket violation if not on.
when torn. remove & replace
You will learn the functions
Tip: Place heavy objects on light weighing, thin, loose garbage that can easily fly out of roll off box.
after dumping contents of this box, box will need repair
caution with ceilings.
take as many glances as you need to, to not hit the accessories.
Make a one-time donation
Make a monthly donation
Make a yearly donation
Choose an amount
Or enter a custom amount
Your contribution is appreciated.
Your contribution is appreciated.
Your contribution is appreciated.DonateDonate monthlyDonate yearly
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
Ability to safely operate a garbage truck on specified routes to collect solid waste.
Waste experience preferred, but not required.
Ability to read route sheets and service each customer identified on the sheet or assigned by the dispatcher.
Perform routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as checking fluids, safety equipment, and tires.
Ability to perform a physically demanding job, loading and unloading, at times with no helpers
Operate hydraulic hand controls to lift/load refuse and dispose of trash at designated facilities.
Courteous interaction with our customers and perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
Extensive physical activity.
Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts. Which require following basic safety precautions.
The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration. Noise level is usually moderate.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Valid Class B C.D.L. with air brakes endorsement as a minimum.
Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English.
2 years of experience preferred.
Basic knowledge of truck components in order to complete pre
– and post-trip inspections.
Roll-Off Drivers safely operate a heavy-duty truck and are responsible for preparing, loading, and transporting large mobile open top and compactor containers to disposal sites, transfer or recycle facilities and customer locations.
Roll-Off Drivers will navigate driveways, alleyways, lots, high traffic roadways and may operate in tight overhead environments while on industrial routes. Highly skilled backing maneuvers are essential, to successfully perform this job.
A Roll Off Driver must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Operates vehicle in accordance with Safety and Life Critical Rules. OSHA. (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, municipal, state, and federal laws.
• Performs pre – and post-trip inspections of assigned equipment and documents checks on standard D.V.I.R. (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report.).
• Immediately reports any unsafe situations or service related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
• Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings required by Waste Management or Route Manager.
• Works closely with Route Managers to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
• Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage
• Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions, including blocked containers, closed lots, street, alleyways or potential safety hazards. • Communicates customer requests to Route Manager or Dispatch.
• Identifies and reports all containers in need of repair or replacement
• Completes and submits customer tickets as required.
• Positions and / or returns container on the customer’s property in a manner that ensures lids and or doors are properly replaced, and do not block driveway entrances or traffic.
• Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and the check out process.
• Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs. III. Supervisory Responsibilities This job has no supervisory duties.
- Rolling Thru A Car WashLicense Plate Lingo WUICHO VLDZZ PLMN B SHEFF 1BOCA
- Flat Bench Press Chest View
- Beginning Push Ups
- Water Indulgence
- Military UnitsSo That Others May Live PJ Motto Marine Corps Raiders Navy Seals Air Force Pararescue Army Delta Force Marine Corps Force Recon Air Force Combat Controllers Army Special Forces Delta Army Rangers […]